The home inspection profession is regulated in Tennessee, and PHII's home inspector certification can help you get started! Tennessee requires new home inspectors to complete several steps before applying for a home inspector license. Follow the path below to become a licensed home inspector in Tennessee.
PHII's online home inspection course is approved for all pre-license education requirements in Tennesssee. The law requires
1) High school or equivalent
2) Complete 90 hours of a commissioner-approved training. (PHII is fully approved, Tennessee home inspection course approval #220.)
3) Pass the National Home Inspector Examination (PHII's home inspection training course fully prepares you)
4) Obtain general liability insurance policy covering at least $500,000 and a certificate of errors and omissions insurance coverage
5) Apply and pay the application fee
Additional Steps to Advance Your Tennessee Home Inspection Career
1) Join a Professional Home Inspector Association. PHII pays for your first year of membership in the North American Association of Home Inspectors (AHI). Many states also have their own home inspector associations you can join for networking opportunities.
2) Join a Multi-Inspector Company in Tennessee to gain experience, or start your own business. Established home inspection companies in Tennessee are always looking for new home inspectors to work for them. Businesses provide benefits, professional insurance and home inspection scheduling.
3) Register Your Own Business in Tennessee and follow state regulations. Home inspector insurance policies are affordable and will protect you against career-ending lawsuits. Build your own home inspection business in Tennessee and enjoy the success that follows!
PHII's Tennessee home inspection certification is approved by real estate and building commissions, and major insurance providers. PHII is also affiliated will major professional associations including ASHI, AHI, CREIA, and FABI. The home inspector certification material for Tennessee is aligned with national standards of practice for home inspectors and is updated regularly. We teach Tennessee students the key information that they must inspect for and include in the home inspection report.
Every lesson is concise and written in clear language that is easy to understand. Our interactive Tennessee home inspection certification course is designed in-house by experienced and qualified home instructors who understand the trade and how to teach it. PHII offers the most complete, self-paced Tennessee home inspection training on the market today. You receive instant online access and have an option to receive course materials that are shipped to you. Our course management system is unmatched in features and interactive technology.
You can access the Tennessee home inspection training on wi-fi devices including tablets and smart phones, and the course can be completed in as little as 1-2 weeks. Unlike other online courses, there is no time limit, so you can take as much time as you need. Become a Tennessee home inspector at whatever pace you set, quickly or over time. Your home inspector certification course never expires!
Tennessee Home Inspector Licensing Board Approved
Our course has been evaluated and approved by the State of Tennesssee Home Inspector Licensing Program. PHII is approved for the required 90 hours of home inspector education required under HB 0006 and SB 0302 to amend Title 62.
PHII will give you a nationally recognized home inspector certification and the credentials you need to become a successful home inspector in Tennesssee. PHII students have had great success passing state and national exams, and you also receive FREE continuing education credits with your enrollment!
Free 1-YEAR AHI Membership for Tennessee Home Inspector Graduates
Upon achieving home inspector certification, PHII can offer all Tennessee home inspector graduates a free $289 membership in the North American Association of Home Inspectors (AHI), a national non-profit professional home inspector association.
Looking for Online Home Inspector Training Outside of Tennessee?
The first step in starting your home inspector career is to understand the path to a home inspector license. The process can be simple or lengthy depending on the state or province. In some cases you can train entirely online to obtain your home inspector license or certification. In other cases you can train online and complete field training to meet home inspector requirements. Even if your location does not require a home inspector license, you still need to be properly trained and certified in order to stand out from the competition. That is where home inspector certification from PHII gives you the advantage because we go beyond the minimum training a home inspector needs so that you can hit the ground running. PHII is also there to support you along the way as you start inspecting and need help if you run into problems. Start by understanding your state or provincial requirements by clicking the links below to popular locations where PHII offers online certification opportunities.
Home Inspector License in the U.S.
Home Inspector Licence in Canada
PHII offers home inspector continuing education and numerous certifications to help you learn more, earn more and grow your home inspection business. At PHII our mission is to provide you with the best home inspector training to prepare you for a successful real estate career, along with the support you need down the road. PHII-trained home inspectors are never alone. With PHII, your home inspector training is truly at your pace. You always have access to PHII course material and support. Every online certification course comes with lifetime access.
Office Hours 8am - 8pm CST Mon-Fri, 9am - 1pm Sat. Call 605-427-2908
© Professional Home Inspection Institute (PHII). All rights reserved.